Orchard function, class level documentation

Topics: General
Oct 7 at 4:15 PM

I’m looking for some help… I’m trying to learn C#, ASP.NET MVC, JavaScript, HTML, CSS etc.. I have a good bit of knowledge of these technologies but I'm trying to look at how they are used in an application…. an application like Orchard (I'm not looking to extend Orchard or customize it).
I was hoping to find some documentation / guides on the Orchard code / design (at the class and function level) so that I can study it to help learn C# and ASP.NET MVC etc in practice - details of what the classes and functions do to help debug through it...

So... wondering would you have any links or advise / suggestions for me? - I'd very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Oct 16 at 11:38 PM
I don't know of any specific documentation regarding Orchard's architectural design at the class and function level.
Perhaps the best way to understand how Orchard works is by actually building a custom module and even a theme, even if that is not your end-goal. There are quite a few tutorials on how this works, and you'll learn a lot about Orchard as you go through that process. This is how I ended up deep into the bowels of Orchard. Some useful resources to learn and understand Orchard: