Help - my page contents have all vanished!

Topics: Administration, Troubleshooting
Apr 22 at 1:42 PM
I have a site on Arvixe hosting:
I last edited it about 5 days ago, and everything was fine (the content is mostly in four blogs and a few simple pages with a single HTML thing on each.
I'm running version Orchard v.
Today the site was down a few times (I got email alerts) and I went to check it was OK... for a while I had http 500 errors then 404 errors as the shared server was sorted out. When my site came back on-line, the home page and all other simple HTML pages are empty other than the title.
In the dashboard, the audit trail shows no edits since 17th April, and nobody else has access.
I have restored the database to 17th - no change.
Google has a cached version of the page from as it appeared on 20 Apr 2016 11:53:29 GMT. and it all looked fine then. So the change must be something in the file system?
When I go to edit one of the pages, the content is not there either: I have just the Title control, then the Tags (etc).
I'm thinking I might have to restore the website folders, but I'd really like to understand what could have happened to damage the site in this way. I can raise a ticket with the hosting company, but I fear they will not be able to help.
Any help appreciated.
Apr 22 at 2:17 PM
Well I have indeed restored the web site folders, and my content has returned. So something that happened on the server did something nasty to something in the website folders. Hmm. If I have the energy I will run a complete comparison of all the files and folders and report back.