Help/suggestions wanted

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Apr 22 at 12:11 PM
I'm creating a site that will be used to deliver content to various groups of users

Each group will see a homepage that has some generic content, and some personalised content, e.g. 'Hello Bob', which I've managed to sort out and then to have a group title on there.

One way to do it would be to create a content type that would allow the administrators to create a home page for each session, with a filter to work out who someone is and what group they belong to. Then create a query on that using the filter and put that query into a projection and promote it all to the home page.

But is there a way of creating a home page that has the 'hello Bob' bit and just has a content part to deliver the specific group text with a way to filter just that part, so that the home page only needs creating once?

Racking my brains to figure this out - there may well be another approach I haven't thought of, which is why I'm throwing it out here and asking for help.
Apr 26 at 12:08 PM
Bump!

http://www.ideliverable.com/blog/overriding-contentitem-s-title-in-the-dashboard

That helps (sort of) for the dashboard view - it doesn't get my item unless I step over the test for is null - and allows me to call a service that will return me some group info that I can display in the content list.

Anyone know of a way of calling the equivalent in my home page to populate a label on there? Can I create a shape in my home page type project and call something similar from the driver file to return a combined shape?

I'm not sure if that is the way to go or not and would appreciate some help.