Protection of custom module code .

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Jan 25 at 11:00 AM
While adding a custom module to orchard site we are able to extract code of module, Is there a way to secure the code, to hide after extracting. Or any means to stop extracting the code from the pack.
Developer
Jan 25 at 11:17 PM
You could precompile the module by publishing it to your local file system for example. That will clean up unnecessary DLLs and remove the source files. Alternatively, you can use the build script that comes with the full source package (ClickToBuild.cmd, use the Precompiled flag), which will build the entire solution. Once that is done, you can simply copy your module from the build/Precompiled directory and distribute that.
Jan 26 at 6:08 AM
Can we convert precompiled module to .nupkg package.
Developer
Jan 26 at 8:30 PM
You probably can, but storing the .dll files might be tricky. If I remember correctly, NuGet expects them to be in some special folder, and when the paclage is extracted, those files don't end up where they need to be (the bin folder of the module). If that's the case, you might need to look into including a powershell script that will handle this. I haven't done this myself, but maybe there are others who did. In any case, I would just try it out.
Jan 27 at 6:29 AM
Thanks for the replay . please update me , if u get any solution .
Developer
Jan 31 at 1:19 PM
What I meant was: "If I were you, I would just try it out". :)