Email auto response in Orchard

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jan 21 at 12:04 AM
Hi,

I am using oforms to create forms for my website.
But i need to send auto response for one of my form, do anyone know how can we do that in oforms.
Do we have any module in orchard that provides the facility of sending email auto response.
Really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
Developer
Jan 21 at 9:52 PM
You can use Orchard.DynamicForms, Orchard.Email and Orchard.Workflows to set that up. With DynamicForms you can design your form, and then with Workflows you can handle the form submitted event, in response of which you send an email with the SendEmail activity. This blog post explains how that could work (unfortunately some images are broken still, but perhaps you can figure it out despite of that): http://www.ideliverable.com/blog/customizing-user-registration-and-login-with-dynamic-forms-and-workflows
Jan 22 at 7:51 PM
Thanks for your reply.
I have created my form using dynamic form and also binded that form with the content type and kept the form as a widget in AsideFirst zone.
But whenever i click on Submit button, the field are not getting validated and the form redirect me to other page even if all required fields are not filled.
I have checked "required" for my form fields but still those fields are not getting validated before submitting the form.
Ideally the form should not submit before doing the validation.
Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
Developer
Jan 22 at 10:28 PM
That sounds like a bug. On which branch do you see this happen?
Jan 22 at 11:47 PM
I am using Orchard v1.9.1.0

Thanks
Developer
Jan 24 at 11:07 AM
Ah, I remember fixing an issue that sounds a lot like the one you're experiencing. Could you try and see if you're seeing the same issue in the 1.9.3 branch?
Feb 4 at 7:20 PM
Is this a bug?
It means form will not be validated before submitting and will redirect to other page.
This is a bad news, i haven't tried on 1.9.3. My website is already done on v1.9.1.0....is it easy to migrate from one version to another?
Feb 4 at 7:43 PM
Developer
Feb 5 at 11:10 PM
It should be easy to migrate 1.9.1 to 1.9.3. No breaking changes, just fixes. Please give it a try and let me know if you;re still experiencing the validation issue you mentioned.