Orchard Application I need to work on won't compile

Topics: Troubleshooting
Oct 27, 2015 at 3:01 AM
Hi. I'm having some issues on an Orchard Implementation I have inherited. For some reason, the reference 'using System.Web.Mvc;' is not resolving, and I get the error - 'Found conflicts between different versions of the same assembly'.

Any advice on how to solve? This is apparently an MVC 3 application. It appears that version 4.0.0.1 is some how installed perhaps? - has anyone seen this issue before?

Warning 1 Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly. In Visual Studio, double-click this warning (or select it and press Enter) to fix the conflicts; otherwise, add the following binding redirects to the "runtime" node in the application configuration file: <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.WebPages.Razor" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding><assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Razor" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding><assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.WebPages" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding><assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.0.1" newVersion="4.0.0.1" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding> Orchard.Core
Oct 27, 2015 at 4:57 AM
I'm also getting this error when updating System.Web.MVC via nuget:

'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc' already has a dependency defined for 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc.ApiExplorer'.