Content Tree In Development?

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Oct 20, 2015 at 7:11 PM
Hello,

I've actually started work on a content tree module and before I get too far with it I wanted to check in an see if there is already something like this in development. I saw Content Tree in the suggested features list for future versions of Orchard, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't duplicating any work the current core team is working on.

That being said, what I've done so far is actually take the current Content Tree module here: https://orchardcontenttree.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest and have updated it to use some newer features.

Also, instead of using the route to set up the tree I changed it to use the Lists feature in orchard as I believe this integrates it much nicer with the functionality already in place in orchard and makes it very easy to query parents an children.

Based on this, (and if there isn't currently a content tree in development) are there any suggestions that people may have for this feature?
Oct 21, 2015 at 9:08 AM
Not every content item has the Container/containable configured, so I don't think this would be an option to do this (only if you want the implicit parent-child relations to be shown). Every content item however has a route, so I do see why they took that road.
Oct 30, 2015 at 4:30 PM
Is there an way to auto generate routes with parent/child format without using containers?