Navigation Module

Topics: Core
Oct 1, 2015 at 1:58 PM
At some point, while trying to make a custom link menu item that had a "target=blank" feature, I broke something in the core navigation module. Now I get the message that my navigation needs to be updated.
When I update it I get:
An error occured while updating the feature Navigation: Error while running migration version 0 for Navigation.
And when trying to add a custom link to any menu I get:

Oops. Something went wrong ... sorry

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back

Specified cast is not valid.

System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. at Orchard.ContentManagement.ContentCreateExtensions.New[T](IContentManager manager, String contentType) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\ContentExtensions.cs:line 18 at Orchard.Core.Navigation.Controllers.AdminController.CreateMenuItem(String id, Int32 menuId, String returnUrl) in z:\Builds\work\9f6cd39ff0f68f41\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Navigation\Controllers\AdminController.cs:line 186 at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()

I tried a to remedy the issue, deleting the app_data, re initializing the site and then move the site folder back in, but that didn't fix it.