Widgets position/order of display in a same Zone

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules, Writing themes
Sep 19, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Edited Sep 19, 2015 at 8:06 AM
There is a Zone named: AfterContent , which contains three Projection Widgets for getting the resource items ( resource items is a custom Content type created ) enter image description here

I was expecting that the order in which these 3 widgets will display on the Page will be: Third Party, Free Distributable, Copyright, because that's exactly the order of Widgets in the Zone as seen in above image.

But the surprising part was that the "Free Distributable Resources" appears first, "Third Party Resources" widget 2nd and "Copyright Resources" widget at 3rd.

PLease help me understand why the Widget at Position 2 in Zone appears at position 1 in Page ?

Is Orchard using some random calculation to determine the positions of widgets in a same Zone ? How is the display/rendering order determined for widgets in a same Zone ?
Sep 21, 2015 at 6:53 AM
The order should be determined by the "Position" property of the widget, so this seems like a bug.
Sep 23, 2015 at 4:23 PM
HI Sanderg,

Yes, I have rechecked this and the "Position" property in the Widget is exactly the Order I want :

Position 1 : Third Party Resources
Position 2: Free Distributable Resources
Position 3: Copyright Resources

Still these widgets aren't displayed in the correct order. What steps do you suggest Next ?
Sep 28, 2015 at 7:25 AM
Debug the displaying of the widgets, or place simple repro steps :)