How to deploy into two back IIS server with front load balance switcher and media folder to a file server

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard
Aug 25, 2015 at 3:21 AM
I will deploy my orchard site into production. There are two back IIS server, a front network load balance switcher and a file server to store media files. But I don't know how to map ~/Media path to my file server. I have googled, but can't find any suggest setting.

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Perhaps you could create a virtual directory called Media that points to your file server?
Aug 31, 2015 at 5:07 AM
Hi sfmskywalker

Thanks for your suggest. But I have created virtual directory to file server. And add
<identity impersonate="true" userName="xxxx" password="xxxxx"/>

I can create folder and upload file into media. But I can't access these upload media.
Are there additional setting ?

Aug 31, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Do you have the original web.config still in the Media folder? You know, the one that maps file extensions to the StaticFileHandler.
Aug 31, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Hi sfmskywalker

My scenario is to use Emad Mokhtar's file field to upload file into media folder. And the file field will be render as link to file in media folder. I have security concern. In such scenario, Everybody can access the url of the attchement file in local media folder. It isn't fit my requirement. But the file field is easy to user. Have you any suggest about to implement a content type with some attachment file fields, but the attachemnt file field is protected.

Marked as answer by ezrachen on 8/31/2015 at 8:26 PM
Sep 1, 2015 at 3:26 AM
Hi sfmskywalker

I have try your suggest. It is OK. Thanks. And I have modified Emad's Mokhtar's file field by add controller to down the attachment file, and check permission in the controller.