No Taxonomy Widget

Topics: General
Aug 19, 2015 at 12:31 AM
I don't have the Taxonomy Widget in the widgets list when I click the Add Widget.
Taxonomy module is enabled and I have already defined taxonomies, but I cannot add a taxonomy to anywhere using the widgets menu.

Do I have to enable smth? I am using 1.8.1
Aug 19, 2015 at 10:09 AM
Edited Aug 19, 2015 at 10:10 AM
I don't think there is such a thing as taxonomy widget? Maybe you want a menu widget that has a taxonomy menu item?
Developer
Aug 19, 2015 at 6:18 PM
I think you can use a query and a projection to display the taxonomies.
Aug 21, 2015 at 11:07 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM
sanderg wrote:
I don't think there is such a thing as taxonomy widget? Maybe you want a menu widget that has a taxonomy menu item?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3jhgTeiEtw&feature=player_embedded
This video of Bertrand Le Roy talks about a Taxonomy Widget at 7.30. That's why I got confused.
The video is from 2011 may be this feature got dropped or smth.

and yes the menu widget with taxonomy would do the work but I thought just a simple widget would be much easier to style etc.

Thnaks for the tip though! :)
Aug 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM
agriffard wrote:
I think you can use a query and a projection to display the taxonomies.
I think I'd prefer this over using the menu with taxonomy :) Somehow I missed it when I checked the queries. Still learning!
Marked as answer by deniztorlak on 8/21/2015 at 3:11 AM
Oct 26, 2015 at 2:28 AM
Hi I too saw Bertrand's video but don't have the taxonomy widget. Were you able to find a solution, deniztorlak?
Developer
Oct 29, 2015 at 11:24 AM
I believe the Taxonomy Widget has been removed in favor of the Menu Widget, which you could point to use a menu that uses a Taxonomy Link menu item (which itself points to a taxonomy) which renders the terms of the selected taxonomy. There's a few more configuration steps involved here, but it is much more flexible.