Books about Orchard CMS

Topics: General
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:47 AM
i tried searching amazon for books regarding Orchard CMS , but i found some books that are published on 2012, and as i know that Orchard has been changed since that time. so can anyone adivce about some recent books that talks about Orchard. i am new to Orchard CMS and i want a book which allow me to work with Orchard?
Thanks
Developer
Jul 27, 2015 at 12:04 PM
I don't believe there are any other books on Orchard currently, so I'm afraid you'll have to do with blog posts and videos. There are quite a few out there, so you should be on your feet quit fast. I'd start with the Orchard Project homepage - it pretty much lists everything ever blogged on Orchard. If you have any specific questions, just let us know and we'll try and point you into the right direction.
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:15 PM
ok thanks for the reply. i had a quick look at the documentation available in this site, but i preferred to have all these inside one PDF document. anyway currently i have a web template , and i want to map the web template to Orchard cms to allow end users to edit the template. but i have facing problems in understanding how i can do the following:-
  1. inside the web template there is an image gallery and when i click on the image a slide show will be shown (where images inside the slide show will be with higher resolution). so not sure how i can map this feature into Orchard , and allow users to add/edit images and also add/edit its slide show image. since the image inside the slide show will be with a higher resolution.
  2. I have a page inside the web template named our projects, and for each project i need to provide a link to Google map or bing map , and to allow end users to modify the latitude and magnitude coordination when adding new project page ?
i did not find a detailed documentation about these tasks, and if they can be achieved inside Orchard or not ?
Can you adivce ?