Workflows Issue

Topics: Core
Jul 14, 2015 at 2:10 PM
Found what I believe is an issue when migrating from one server to another. In this scenario I was moving my Orchard site from my local instance to my dev server. Everything moved over fine, but when I go into Workflows to edit the workflow on the dev server there are no images (can't see any activities). I know the workflow is there because the form submits and I receive the email which is part of my workflow. I figured I would try to do an edit and save to see if that would cause the images to be displayed. All this did was completely wipe out the workflow. When I submitted the form again that is tied to this workflow I did not receive the email. This is how I know the workflow was gone. I then tried exporting and importing from my local copy. This put the workflow back, but still no images. This is a pretty big deal. Am I doing something wrong here or is this a true bug?

Thank you,

RG
Jul 14, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Additionally, elements are not listed in the Import/Export screen. I had to re-create the elements on my dev server. Need to add elements to the Import/Export process please.

Thank you,

RG
Jul 15, 2015 at 6:45 PM
Go figure. It is an Internet Explorer issue. I just installed Chrome on my web server and I am now able to see everything. Very strange.