Rich Text Editor Media Item Select/Cancel doesn't respond

Topics: Administration, Core
Jul 1, 2015 at 1:17 PM
I'm trying to insert a media item in the Rich Text Editor (using Orchard 1.8.1).

It successfully loads the media library (browser console logs: /Admin/Orchard.MediaLibrary/MediaItems?folderPath=&skip=0&count=0&order=created&mediaType=) and I'm able to click an image which puts a green border around it. But when I click either "Select" or "Cancel" nothing happens.

A fresh installation of Orchard doesn't have this problem, I'm using a custom admin theme which enables Bootstrap (Orchard Admin.Bootstrap by Skrypt, no longer available...). The problem is however, that reverting back to the original admin theme does not solve the problem as the Media library in "The Admin" theme is also 'broken'.
  1. Should I remove the admin theme and rewrite all my bootstrap based admin functionalities? Or could this be easily fixed? I'm unable to find the code which initialized the "Select"/"Cancel" button in the Media library admin functionality.
  2. Will there be support for Bootstrap anytime soon (in admin)? This really is a huge plus for writing modular functionality quickly. Orchard uses it's own conventions which just blocks me from writing re-usable modules...
Thanks in advance.
Jul 1, 2015 at 2:27 PM
The html of the template didn't adhere to the Javascript selector which enabled the click event. It requires a 'button-select' and 'button-cancel' class on the child elements of the div with id 'media-library-main-selection-select'. This was missing in the Bootstrap admin theme which seemed to override the default admin theme even though it wasn't enabled.