Dynamic Breadcrumbs in Orchard 1.8.1?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting
Jun 12, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Greetings Everyone,

I am quite new to Orchard CMS, so please forgive me if this is a basic question with an obvious answer.

Is there a simple way to create Dynamic Breadcrumbs in Orchard 1.8.1? Preferably through the UI?

I am currently using the combination of the following to accomplish breadcrumbs for my many pages: A Dedicated "Menu" for the home page of each section + "ContentItems" for each page within that section + breadcrumb enabled "MenuWidget" for each page section, within the navigation zone + Dedicated Widget layer for all my section/page hierarchies.

Which works great. But it is static, I have over 20 users, and when ever a user creates a new page or content, I have to add a ContentItem linking the new item to whichever Menu that correlates to that page for it to show up in the breadcrumbs.

Make sense?

I am hoping that there is a simple way to achieve Dynamic Breadcrumbs in an Orchard 1.8.1 environment.

If you know one, could you please walk me through the process/steps for setting one up?

I greatly appreciate any, and all help!

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:12 PM
You may be interested in this issue: https://github.com/OrchardCMS/Orchard/issues/3537 In short: there is no simple way to do this. There are complicated and tedious ways, but we're looking into having a better solution.
Jun 18, 2015 at 2:31 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I was going mad trying to find the answer to this. At least now I know, there currently is not a better way to do it in Orchard's 1.8.1 UI.