Dynamic Form with Workflow

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jun 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Good morning all,

I am having issues with the workflow of a submitted dynamic form. I created a large dynamic form and then I created a workflow which I want to fire off when the form is submitted. The problem is the form submits, but the workflow does nothing. I went and checked the form submissions menu and there was nothing there. Just to make sure that the workflow part is working properly I created a new dynamic form with nothing but a submit button. I created a workflow with this which just does a notification. I did this just to see if maybe I am missing something (setup, module, etc). The notification did not popup on submit. Is there some kind of special setup or module that I am missing here? Also, I have experienced an out of memory exception with my large form when submitting. Has anyone ever seen this? I had to restart IIS Express to get it working again.

Thank you,

RG
Developer
Jun 11, 2015 at 1:12 PM
Make sure that the Form Submitted activity is configured with the correct form name. This form name is a property on the Form element, and both need to match.
Regarding the out of memory exception, could you have a look at the stacktrace and see if you see any BrowserLink terms by any chance?
Marked as answer by RG29 on 6/12/2015 at 12:30 PM
Jun 11, 2015 at 1:52 PM
Thanks for your reply. I have tried both the display name and the name from the Elements page, and both produce the same result. As far as the out of memory exception is concerned I have not been able to reproduce it yet this morning. I will get it though at some point. I will try to figure out the steps that cause it as well as snag the stack trace when it happens. I don't get why the workflow is not working. I have to be doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.
Jun 11, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Sipke, I just did a test. I pulled down a fresh version of the source. Started from scratch. Enabled ONLY the modules needed for dynamic forms and workflows. I then created a dynamic form element, and created a new form with just a submit button as before. Then I created a workflow to send an email when this form was submitted. This time it worked without a problem. Now I am wondering what caused this process to fail on the other site I had created? I don't know if it is a module that I enabled that caused the issue or something else. I am going to try building my form again with this new site I have setup. The only difference this time was that I set it up by running through Visual Studio instead of a Web Matrix setup. I will let you know what happens.

Thank you,

RG
Jun 11, 2015 at 7:04 PM
What is the proper syntax for getting the value of a check box inside of a send email task in a workflow? I can get the values from text boxes and drop down lists, but I can't seem to get the syntax correct for a checkbox.

Textboxes and dropdowns both work with: {FormSubmission.Field:<YOURFIELDNAME>}

That doesn't work on checkboxes though....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

RG
Jun 11, 2015 at 7:56 PM
Nevermind on the Check Box question above. I just used an enumeration instead with a check list. Works fine.
Jun 12, 2015 at 8:32 PM
I think my issue with the out of memory exception and the dynamic form / workflow not working properly had to do with the custom forms module and the dynamic forms module being enabled at the same time. Just a guess, but this is a possibility. When I have more time I may try to get the out of memory exception to happen again. Right now I am just trying to finish this site.

RG