Azure deployment

Topics: General, Installing Orchard
May 21, 2015 at 7:58 PM
I am still unsuccessful in downloading and deploying the source code to a azure cloud service.

I have tried 1.8.1, I have tried 1.9. I have tried VS 2012/VS 2013 and VS 2015.

I have followed the instructions multiple times. but no luck.

Is there a better source of steps than the doc's that reference 1.7.x?
Developer
May 22, 2015 at 10:58 PM
What is the problem you're facing?
Jun 3, 2015 at 4:01 PM
Currently I am trying to download source for 1.9 or 1.8.2, compile and deploy.

The current walk through/doc's all refer to 1.7.1, and are based on using VS 2012. I do not have that option (the VS 2012 option). I am trying to use VS 2015, but can use 2013 if needed.

Here are the steps.

1) download and follow instructions
2) build (builds without error)
3) attempt to run locally both in debug or non-debug both fail. In debug, there is the details...

Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException was unhandled by user code
HResult=-2146233088
Message=None of the constructors found with 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentManager' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'Orchard.ContentManagement.MetaData.IContentDefinitionManager contentDefinitionManager' of constructor 'Void .ctor(Autofac.IComponentContext, Orchard.Data.IRepository1[Orchard.ContentManagement.Records.ContentTypeRecord], Orchard.Data.IRepository1[Orchard.ContentManagement.Records.ContentItemRecord], Orchard.Data.IRepository1[Orchard.ContentManagement.Records.ContentItemVersionRecord], Orchard.ContentManagement.MetaData.IContentDefinitionManager, Orchard.Caching.ICacheManager, System.Func1[Orchard.ContentManagement.IContentManagerSession], System.Lazy1[Orchard.ContentManagement.IContentDisplay], System.Lazy1[Orchard.Data.ISessionLocator], System.Lazy1[System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[Orchard.ContentManagement.Handlers.IContentHandler]], System.Lazy1[System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[Orchard.ContentManagement.IIdentityResolverSelector]], System.Lazy1[System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[Orchard.Data.Providers.ISqlStatementProvider]], Orchard.Environment.Configuration.ShellSettings, Orchard.Caching.ISignals)'.
Source=Autofac
StackTrace:
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute()
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Autofac.Features.Collections.CollectionRegistrationSource.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RegistrationsFor>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance)
   at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.Resolve[TService](IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
   at Orchard.Environment.WorkContextImplementation..ctor(IComponentContext componentContext) in D:\proj\Orchard-1.9\src\Orchard\Environment\WorkContextImplementation.cs:line 15
   at Orchard.Environment.WorkContextModule.<>c.<Load>b__0_0(IComponentContext ctx) in D:\proj\Orchard-1.9\src\Orchard\Environment\WorkContextModule.cs:line 19
   at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
   at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
InnerException:
Jun 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Edited Jun 4, 2015 at 8:04 AM
I was having the same issues following the instructions on 1.7 version as described here.
https://github.com/OrchardCMS/Orchard/issues/5336
I think I will try to convert the Original Orchard.Web project to a Web Role from visual studio and see how it goes from there.