Attaching a Custom MetadataProvider in Orchard

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General
May 20, 2015 at 4:12 PM
Hi there,

I have looked at the other forum topic but it is a bit unclear and my use case is different since I am not using Shapes or Templates.

My Module is basically a pure MVC application embedded into Orchard, I have registered my Routes and when the correct URL is hit I show the typical MVC CRUD views (which I scaffold the same way as any normal MVC application). I am using Orchard because of all the other hook points like localization, authorization, etc. and not the CMS part.

So what I would like to do now is to register a custom metadata provider into my application. I can potentially set that up into each Controller I believe but that seems messy. I was looking for a cleaner place, possibly without touching the Orchard code.

If that's not possible I have found that in the OrchardStarter class most of the initialization takes place so I would like to ask if this could be a good place (although that means that I have to define my custom provider in an assembly that can be referenced by this).

I am also wondering if replacing the current metadataprovider can impact other areas of Orchard.