Web Application Development

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
May 2, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Edited May 2, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Hi,

We want to develop web application using Orchard CMS which has CRUD operation with our custom db, grid binding, dashboard with widget management.

We want to integrate MVC application with Orchard which is still not develop we plan to develop using Orchard.

Can you please provide us sample project to start development in Orchard CMS with our outside database tables?
Developer
May 3, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Edited May 3, 2015 at 5:10 PM
I don't have a sample project to get started with myself, but maybe the following guidelines may help you get started:
  • Your MVC application would be implemented as an Orchard module (which is more or less an MVC Area) which contains your controllers and views.
  • You can generate an empty Orchard module to start out with by using the "codegen module <MyModuleName>" command (using Orchard.exe).
  • Checkout the other ORchard modules to see where things go, such as controllers, views, service classes, action filters etc.
I wrote some posts that include writing custom MVC controllers in Orchard (http://www.ideliverable.com/blog/writing-an-orchard-webshop-module-from-scratch-part-1) that might be of use.