menu crashing and disappearing - bug?

Topics: Core, Localization
Mar 11, 2015 at 1:57 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2015 at 2:44 AM
Hello there,

I have build the same menu twice now and it's totally gone again. I don't want to do this again, I would really appreciate some help.

The situation:
Orchard 1.8.1 on local computer - Theme based on Foundation 5, work in process
Localized site with Blog that contains BlogPosts from 2 cultures.
Using Taxonomies to give categories to the blogposts, one Taxonomy for en-us and one for nl-nl.

Menu:
To get the localized BlogPosts make a Query that filters for 1- Blog-contentItem and 2- Culture. Use 2 Projections, one for en-us and one for nl-nl.
Make ContentMenuItem for both these Blog-Projectors and give each of them a child; TaxonomyLink of the according culture.
So far so good, that works.
Now I have a CustomContentType "Excursions", also this localized. So for each locale I make again a Projection and put it in a COntentMenuItem. SO far so good.
WHAT DOES NOT WORK is this, give each of these localized ExcursionLinks a QueryLink child that filters the "Excursions" for a certain category.
On the admin-end , in "Navigaion" selecting the menu from the dropdown I get a yellow screen of death, see below.
On the front end the menu is gone totally.

LAST TIME this happened (yesterday), I threw away the menu and built it again, that seemed to work, until now, I cant even access it.
Last time the scenario was slightly different, I was trying to find out how to make the menu items for the Localized - taxonomized - blogposts, so I made a few, deleted a few and tried it different ways, when all of a sudden some menu items that had nothing to do with it (Excursions) disappeared. And next also the blog menuitems disappeared.

Some help would be really appreciated
YSOD
Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 78:
Line 79: // store current level to detect lowerb or upper level
Line 80: int currentLevel = Model.MenuItemEntries[index].Position.Split('.').Length - 1;
Line 81: bool first = true;
Line 82:

Source File: c:\Users\Robin\Documents\Orchard\Orchard.Web.1.8.1\Orchard\Core\Navigation\Views\Admin\Index.cshtml Line: 80

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
ASP.<>c__DisplayClass1.<RenderMenuItems>b__0(TextWriter __razor_helper_writer) in c:\Users\Robin\Documents\Orchard\Orchard.Web.1.8.1\Orchard\Core\Navigation\Views\Admin\Index.cshtml:80
System.Web.WebPages.HelperResult.WriteTo(TextWriter writer) +10
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result) +80
ASP._Page_Core_Navigation_Views_admin_Index_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Users\Robin\Documents\Orchard\Orchard.Web.1.8.1\Orchard\Core\Navigation\Views\Admin\Index.cshtml:44
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +199
System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +104
System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +90
System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +256
System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +107
Orchard.Mvc.ViewEngines.ThemeAwareness.<>c__DisplayClass7.<FindView>b__5(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, IViewDataContainer viewDataContainer) in z:\Builds\work\d1eb156ccc3cb14\src\Orchard\Mvc\ViewEngines\ThemeAwareness\LayoutAwareViewEngine.cs:59
Orchard.Mvc.ViewEngines.ThemeAwareness.LayoutView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) in z:\Builds\work\d1eb156ccc3cb14\src\Orchard\Mvc\ViewEngines\ThemeAwareness\LayoutAwareViewEngine.cs:90
System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +291
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +56
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList
1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +52
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +173
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +100
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.End() +49
System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +27
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +13
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.End() +54
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +39
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) +12
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.End() +54
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +21
1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() +54
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +31
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) in z:\Builds\work\d1eb156ccc3cb14\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:159
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9514812
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18408
Mar 11, 2015 at 2:47 AM
So I remade the menu, it didn't take very long. And this time for some reason it worked.
But now I still have a menu that's in the selection list, but if I select it I get that same yellow screen of dth. This doesn't inspire me very much, can I somehow get rid of that screwed up menu?

Thanks in advance