Tenant creation issue in Azure

Topics: Core, General, Troubleshooting
Mar 6, 2015 at 6:16 AM
I have deployed Orchard as an Azure cloud service using 2 instances. Whenever I create a new tenant it's not available immediatly, it is shown random. To have it available I have to restart both IIS instances. Maybe I have something wrong with redis cache configuration? I think that one of the instances is not reloading tenant list after new tenant creation.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Mar 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Using a distributed cache won't solve this particular problem. The issue is that the second instance is never made aware that the new tenant has even been created.

If you are using 1.x (soon to be released as 1.9) then there is a new feature called MessageBus that you can enable to solve this problem. Since you are on Azure you can use the Redis Cache message broker, which uses a Redis pub/sub to distribute signals between instances.

If you are on 1.8.x you can use https://orcharddistributedevents.codeplex.com/ to accomplish the same thing.

Let me know which scenario you are targeting, and I can give more detailed instructions if you need.
Mar 6, 2015 at 1:09 PM
I'm using 1.x branch. I have enable Message Bus, Redis, Redis Message Bus, Redis Cache, Redis Output Cache, Microsoft Azure Database Cache, and its dependencies in all t tenants.
Mar 6, 2015 at 1:12 PM
Have you also enabled Distributed Shell Restarts and Distributed Signals?
Additionally, have you configured the connection strings for your Redis features?
Marked as answer by jcastillopino on 3/10/2015 at 7:42 AM
Mar 6, 2015 at 1:22 PM
Distributed Signals: not. I'm enabling it now. Is it enough to enable it in Default tenant or it has to be done in every single tenant?
I added Redis connection string to web.config:
<add name="Orchard.Redis.OutputCache" connectionString="" />
<add name="Orchard.Redis.Cache" connectionString="" />
<add name="Orchard.Redis.MessageBus" connectionString="" />
Mar 6, 2015 at 4:12 PM
I would guess it needs to be enabled in all tenants.

One thing to watch out for in the connection strings: you must specify the port number (:6380) for some reason.
Marked as answer by jcastillopino on 3/10/2015 at 7:42 AM
Mar 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Hi Decorum.
With these modules enabled it works well.
Thanks a lot for your help!!
Mar 10, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Glad I could help. Please mark as answered if your issue was resolved.
Mar 18, 2015 at 3:55 PM
After creating new tenants I just notice that when I enable/disable a module the CPU in all instances increase and the memory is getting higher until it rich 99% in every cloud service instance.