Taxonomy term as boolean

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Feb 3, 2015 at 9:34 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm generating a list of checkboxes from taxonomy terms linked to a content item.
I make them restricted to one and all required. The whole logic is based on that.

Now i would like to add 2 taxonomies with one term that either is yes or no, would that be possible?

I you have only one term and required you have to select it, so that's no use off course. If you make it not required there is off course no term id linked...

Any suggestions would be great!
Feb 23, 2015 at 12:55 PM
anyone?
Developer
Feb 23, 2015 at 3:34 PM
borrierulez wrote:
Now i would like to add 2 taxonomies with one term that either is yes or no, would that be possible?
Why would you have 2 taxonomies, each of them having one term? Wouldn't it be better to have a single taxonomy with two terms, rendered as a radio list, and marked as a required field?

Another though: why not use the BooleanField?
Feb 23, 2015 at 3:52 PM
Skywalker,

Tx for the reply, well, my code takes those taxonomies and renders checkboxlists for all the terms per taxonomy, for example red white rose wine or countries... (it's for a wine selling site :) )

I would like to add one for promotion for example and for leftovers, they can be both so a single taxonomy isn't possible. If I add booleans i'dd have to write a lot of code to support that to work together with the rendered listboxes from taxonomies.

That's why idd like to have a sort of boolean for the taxonomy...

Doesn't seem very logic I know :)