Orchard Prime

Topics: General
Feb 3, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Why is this a "partner"? The site has been broken for ages, and before that just a promise of a website. Looks a bit retarded...
Feb 3, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Mar 26, 2015 at 1:14 AM
Edited Mar 26, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Hazza wrote:
Why is this a "partner"? The site has been broken for ages, and before that just a promise of a website. Looks a bit retarded...
Hi,

I've just seen this and I felt like I should reply.

Firstly, I'd just like to apologise for looking retarded.

Anyway, if it was up to me that link would indeed have been taken down a long time ago, however, its not up to me and it's still there. I've asked for it to be removed. Orchard Prime was more than a promise for a short while, selling three themes, it was however slightly half baked if the truth was told. My primary focus was on my education so the decision was made to end the project. I was dedicating a lot of time elsewhere and it was the best choice for me personally. I now have more time to spare and have relaunched Show Orchard, I have no plans to ever produce work under the name of Orchard Prime, but I'm still going to be working on some projects in the summer. (Whilst I have time free from studying.) Looking back I don't feel like Orchard was ready for a premium themes market anyway, however the user base has since grown and so has its feature set so who knows...

I hope that this helps, let me know if you have any questions and I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Cheers,
Ryan
Mar 26, 2015 at 1:45 AM
Just to add - I'm now redirecting orchardprime.com to Show Orchard. I hope you'll agree that this is a good compromise and doesn't break the internet in the same way.

I can't keep hold of this domain forever though as I do live off a student's budget, I hope somebody who can edit the main site will see this thread.