The Size of Orchard

Topics: General
Jan 22, 2015 at 5:25 PM
Hi i am new in orchard after i use it i find it wonderful but its very large (2 Giga ) . Is there a way to minimize the size .help me please
Jan 22, 2015 at 9:56 PM
It's when you have built the full source code solution

In the root folder, you can double click on the ClickToBuild.cmd command file. It's relatively long because all the Orchard unit tests are done. Then, you will get a package that only contain the required .dll for each modules... This package also contain all the source files (.cs and *.csproj), this to allow source update and dynamic compilation on the fly

In some prod environments, dynamic compilation is not desired, so you can disable it in a config file. In such a case, you can create a precompiled package without source files. If you have some problems with this command and/or if you want a precompiled package without source files, see this discussion: https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/471305

If the previous commands didn't pass, you can also right click on the Orchard.Web project and select "Publish". Here, you have to input a publish name and you can use the "File System" option and choose a temp folder for your publication. Then, you will get in this folder a precompiled package of about 60 Mb

Regards