Re: Using Orchard as a Content Management System

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Hey, Tinker Dude
okay, here is my blog with its first entry. I'm looking for that "Visitor's Page" (didn't see it in my Dashboard area...kinda rushed for my 1st time with more important responsibilities to attend to ) you told me about ;-) Can you advise me where to find it?

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:22 PM
One of the biggest advantages for a user like you in Orchard is the ability to easily create new content and page types using an array of available modules. If I recall correctly, you wanted a visitors page where users could fill out a short form (without logging in) that said where they were from, what they were looking for, and if they found it. I don't remember if it is enabled by default, so the first step is to verify that the "Custom Forms" module is enabled. Then you can create a new custom form with any field you like.

Here's a 3 minute video that will walk you through step by step on how to make your own Visitors Page, or any page with user input! With this setup, you can have Orchard e-mail you when people fill out the form or even display the form results on your page for other people to see. It's fully customizable.