I'm looking for Photogallery module

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Русский (Russian)
Dec 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to Orchard, and I need to attach photogallery to my content type.
Of course there is a standart media library picker field, but it is not good for me.

I have some requirements for this module:
  1. Gallery should be implemented as field (I need to attach 2 galleries to content type, so it can't be content part)
  2. I need resize functionality so I should be able to configure some different image schemas to resize as "preview", "large", "original" and so on, set their dimentions and resize mode (crop,scale, etc.)
  3. I need upload logic as when we are editing content item we have "Add file" buttons which works as usual AddButton and opens OpenFileDialog. when I select photo then I see image previews (as I mediaPickedField)
  4. I do not need gallery logic as "go to photogallery module, create new gallery, add some pictures, return to your content item editing and select just created gallery" as ImageGallery 1.4 does (http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Mello.ImageGallery)
  5. I use Orchard 1.8, most of modules listed in OrchardGallery do not support it. (hey! why Orchard Gallery does not provide supported version filtering?)
There are a lot of Image galleries in OrchardGallery, byt some of them do not support v.1.8, some are not fields, others require to create separate gallery and then attach to ContentItem.

I've already made changes to modules like Contrib.FileField and Contrib.Image field in my project, so I don't want to write gallery module from scratch.

I can't donwload all of these modules and check them, they also rarely have description and screenshots. So it is difficult to decide which one to choose.

thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Dec 27, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Can you explain why you don't just use media library picker fields?
Dec 29, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I didn't want to use it because ML Picker field opens standart Media Library interface with Navigation at left side and things like toolbar at the top. It is a common library with common storage and it is not convinient. I need a private gallery for each content item, no navigation and so on, just folder with photos. Also I don't want to see all my pictrues from content items in common gallery. And one more problem here - content type field setting doesn't work, I can't configure it to allow user upload only Images.

Now I added ML Picker alternate cshtml template, I open .colorbox with predefined folderPath starting with undescore (such folders are hidden in Gallery), after that using jQuery I hide navigation bar and most controls from toolbar. Only Add button remains.

so yep, now I use Mdia library picker field :)