TinyMce Upgrade in Orchard 1.x

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Dec 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM
I was playing with the TinyMce in Orchard 1.x to see if my custom plugin will work with the updated TinyMce that will be released with Orchard 1.9 but for some reason top.tinymce is coming back as undefined. I was using a TinyMce4 module from the gallery to build my plugin and thought it should work with the update to TinyMce4 in Orchard 1.9 but it isn't working because of the problem with top.tinymce. My plugin uses the window manager to create an iframe with a custom html page which utilizes tinymce.min.js and a custom js file that opens the gallery and allows a user to select images that will then be inserted into the editor as a flex slider.
Dec 19, 2014 at 8:23 PM
I think the problem has something to do with the fact creating an html element pulls up the editor in a poppup dialogue and then the flex slider button pulls up an iframe with a custom html page on top of that because the plugin works fine with widgets still.
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Ahah! I got it working. I just changed "top" to "parent" and it started grabbing the currently active editor.
Marked as answer by emeraldarcher on 12/19/2014 at 4:02 PM