Single Orchard Instance for a Web Farmed Site

Topics: Installing Orchard
Dec 12, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Edited Dec 12, 2014 at 3:34 AM
I currently have a single website running in a webfarm. an instance of Orchard is on each of the web servers as well. This architecture is not desired.

Ideally, we would want one of two architectures.
  1. A single instance of orchard running on one web server AND the website farmed across the other webservers.
  2. A single instance of orchard and the website shared on one server AND the website farmed across the other servers.
The goal of either architecture being a single instance of Orchard running.
I nudge in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.
Dec 12, 2014 at 2:29 PM
So what is the relation between Orchard and website?
Dec 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM
The website is currently setup as the Default site of Orchard. If you're looking for a different answer, then I'm not certain I understand your question and you'll need to be a little more specific.

Thank you.
Dec 12, 2014 at 3:20 PM
If you have Orchard website ( site setup in Orchard) I'm not sure what you are looking for (what you mean by separation of Orchard and website) .
Dec 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Let me hopefully word what I'm looking for a better way.

If I have 4 web servers, is it possible to have orchard running on 1 webserver and that instance of orchard controls the content of a website that is farmed on the other 3 web servers.

I want a single instance app of orchard running. I don't want orchard to be running on all 4 web servers.
Dec 12, 2014 at 7:36 PM
But Orchard is the website - it's what serves your content. How do you imagine to serve the website on 4 servers except for Orchard while Orchard and the website are the same thing?
Marked as answer by dxt_chris on 12/12/2014 at 2:22 PM
Dec 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Thanks. I think I'm just still suffering through the orchard architecture. I appreciate both of your inputs.
Dec 12, 2014 at 10:16 PM
No worries. Let us know if you have more questions.