The Basic Case of Localization in 1.8.1...

Topics: Localization
Nov 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Edited Nov 20, 2014 at 11:12 AM
... and I can't get it to work!

I'm trying to set the current culture for the entire website based on the URL. For example, has to set the culture to "en" and so on... To clarify a bit: this is extremely useful for search engines. I don't get any other approaches (cookie/browser/selectors/...): how can Google index all cultures if the culture can only be switched by, say, cookie? Moreover, I just can't find any single major site that is localized in a way that differs from /lang/... in URL.

To achieve the required behavior in my Theme I've implemented CultureSelector that is ICultureSelector. And just check if the relative path begins with "en". If so, I return "new CultureSelectorResult { Priority = 5, CultureName = culture }".

The default culture for my website is set to "de" and I have a Query that displays its items "for current culture". When I visit /en/myquery it still shows "de" results.

Can you please explain, what am I missing?
Nov 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM
You can try this module:

I´m using it for a project i´m developing now for a client, a it works really well.
Nov 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Sure, I can try this. But I can't understand why ICultureSelector doesn't work in my case.
Nov 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Ok, tried Datwendo.Localization. First of all, it crashes immediately after installation on 1.8.1:

None of the constructors found with 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'Datwendo.Localization.Services.AdminCultureService' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'Datwendo.Localization.Services.IUserCultureService userCultureService' of constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.IWorkContextAccessor, Orchard.Caching.ICacheManager, Datwendo.Localization.Services.IUserCultureService, Orchard.Caching.ISignals)'.
Nov 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Ok, just downloaded the latest sources from the project's repository and it works now.