Web freeze and error log grows indefinitely ?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM
hi all,
Something weird happens today.
So I 'm developing my custom module, adding an implentation of IShapeDisplayEvents.
When i open up my website, looks like orchard is consuming lots of my pc resources, yet unable to load a page. When i check the log file, i notice errors were thrown. Orchard continuously throw the same error and keep writing it to the log file.
Even though I turn off the IIS and applicatioion pools, the log file keeps increasing.
Can anyone explain, what could possibly cause this kind of funny behaviour ?

2014-11-19 19:54:18,166 [33] Orchard.Environment.DefaultAssemblyLoader - (null) - Error loading assembly 'Healthis.Framework'
http://localhost:99/Admin/Widgets/AddWidget?layerId=3&widgetType=Tabs&zone=Content&returnUrl=%2FAdmin%2FWidgets System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Healthis.Framework' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Healthis.Framework'
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:52 PM
btw...Healthis.Framework is the name of my custom module, and it is store in Orchard.Web/Modules folder.
Developer
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Did you add this module to your solution, and did you build the solution? I sometimes run into this assembly loading issue myself, but rebuilding the solution always solved it.
Nov 20, 2014 at 1:26 AM
I quess I did, with no luck.
orchard even throw FileNotFoundException for "Microsoft.CSharp".
Reseting Orchard solved the problem. is this the dynamic compilation thing? does turning off dynamic compilation might prevent it from happening?

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.CSharp' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.CSharp' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

thx
Developer
Nov 20, 2014 at 2:31 AM
I think it's the dynamic compilation thing, yes. Glad to see you solved it.