file manager

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Nov 15, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Hi
I need a module for orchard that do the following things for me.

have a part for uploading files.
have a part to write some text.
show uploading files and text to user in a specific defined part automatically.

so that whenever I add s.th in it, that module add that to some part automatically and show it in website to user.

I want to use it for example for news or the part that need updates frequently.

can any one help me to find a module fro this.
I prefer it to exist in orchard features, I try some of them but I didn't find such module.

Thank you very much.
Developer
Nov 15, 2014 at 9:54 PM
According to this thread, there is a FileField you could try out to handle the file upload piece.
The text piece could be handled with the TextField.
Nov 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Thanks a lot but the thread that you mentioned needed a place for users to upload images but this is not what I want. I thing I couldn't say what I mean properly. I mean that I need s.th that enable admins to upload images and other types of media and after uploading it this media automatically be added to a page or s.th that user can see it.
Developer
Nov 18, 2014 at 11:02 PM
You could create a ProjectionPage that projects all media items uploaded by admin users.
Nov 19, 2014 at 2:13 PM
That seems to be a good idea. Thank you. Can you please help me write the query that is needed for such projection?
Thanks a lot.
Developer
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Sure, but you don't need to write a query. Just create a new Query content item (via the Queries menu), add a Content Type filter (filter by Image, Document, Audio, etc. - all content types you want to show up). Next, create a Projection (via New -> Projection), select your query, and you're set.
Nov 21, 2014 at 6:58 PM
thanks. it is working. just one more question. I want these photos to be showed in 4 columns. I set the design for it. a table vertical alignment and 3 line table but it did't work. a also try horizontal but it still didn't change any thing. what it the setting that can show photos in 3 or 4 column.

thanks a lot for your time and assistance.
Developer
Nov 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM
So you created a Table layout and selected this layout in the projection, but you're still just seeing an unordered list? Make sure you actually selected this layout. It will work. Unless you're saying that something else isn't working as expected. In that case, please clarify.
Nov 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM
I mean first I selected the query and chose the query that I wanted to change and pressed edit. then I presses "Add a new Layout" and selected table. then in alignment in "Number of columns/lines" I wrote 3 and then saved the layout. but it still shows photos in one column either when I select horizontal or vertical alignment. Is there any thing else that I should set?
Developer
Nov 22, 2014 at 1:29 AM
By "table", did you mean "Grid"? If so, make sure you provided the following values:

Grid tag: table
Row tag: tr
Cell tag: td

Otherwise no table will be rendered, just a bunch of article tags.
Also be sure to actually select your layout from your projection page.
Marked as answer by maryam_karimi on 1/4/2015 at 8:15 AM
Nov 22, 2014 at 1:01 PM
thanks a lot. it is working