Bug in Taxonomy module...TermsPartHandler.RecalculateCount caught in endless loop?

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules
Nov 4, 2014 at 9:22 PM
I am working through the Pluralsight Advanced Orchard course. I made some mods, including switching out the Movie DB provider. When I got it all set, on submitting a new Movie for import Orchard seems to hang... I think this is the problem. In the TermsPartHandler. My reading of the code would indicate that the while loop will never break because termPart is never given a change to be set to null if it doesn't have a parent term. That is definitely what is happening to in my case. termPart.Container == null.

I am doubting my analysis since Taxonomies have been out there forever. Am I missing something?

Seth

// Retrieve the number of associated content items, for the whole hierarchy
        private static void RecalculateCount(ITaxonomyService taxonomyService, TermsPart part) {
            foreach (var term in part.Terms) {
                var termPart = taxonomyService.GetTerm(term.TermRecord.Id);
                while (termPart != null) {
                    termPart.Count = (int)taxonomyService.GetContentItemsCount(termPart);

// compute count for the hierarchy too
                    if (termPart.Container != null) {
                        var parentTerm = termPart.Container.As<TermPart>();
                        termPart = parentTerm;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
Developer
Nov 4, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Were you able to see this with a debugger attached? Can you write up some simple repro steps?
Nov 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Sipke,

Thanks for your reply.

This link has a module that repros the bug.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxJv3U9gYc72cXVUUVllS0FuRGM/view?usp=sharing

Enable it. Create a new Color Palette content item. In the ListOfColors type a separated list of colors as follows... "Purple, Sky Blue" (these are currently NOT in the taxonomy although any comma delimited list will do...)

Put a breakpoint in the post of the driver of the new module and in the TermsPartHandler.RecalculateCount method.

Save and you will be caught in the endless loop.

Seth
Developer
Nov 7, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Thanks for that, that is helpful. If you don't mind, please open a new work item so we can triage, assign, and fix.
Nov 7, 2014 at 7:36 PM
I don't know how to open a work item. Can you give me a bit of guidance?
Developer
Nov 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Sure, go to "Issues" (to the right of the "Discussions" tab, and click the "New Issue" link. The word "issue" here on CodePlex is synonymous to "work item".
Nov 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM
OK...thought that might be it.

Seth