I've been using Web Deploy via Web Matrix 3 and host provider (DiscountASP.net) with every version of Orchard since 1.4. I've updated my site to 1.8 and I can no longer update the Orchard.sdf file via Web Deploy. I've tested it using two of my workstations
- 1) Windows 8.1 Enterprise, using latest Web Matrix and 2) Windows 10, using latest Web Matrix.
What's strange is that after a long period of time (I suspect that cache has expired), the Web Deploy will push the Orchard.sdf file. I've only achieved this once out of several tries - spanning several hours.
I've attached the resulting log file:
Begin log file ---------------------------
10/28/2014 5:03 AM
5:03:39 AM: Using ID 'd07bcc6c-87dd-404f-b9b3-34a2b0433cec' for connections to the remote server.
5:03:43 AM: Adding ACL's for path (gorillabasketball.org/App_Data)
5:03:43 AM: Using ID '3bbd278a-651e-452f-86ce-c9a9778e846d' for connections to the remote server.
5:03:44 AM: The error code 0x80070020 was encountered when processing 'C:\Users\George\Documents\My Web Sites\GorillaBasketball.org-1.8.1\App_Data\Sites\Default\Orchard.sdf'. This error will be ignored.
5:03:47 AM: Updating file (gorillabasketball.org\App_Data\Sites\Default\Orchard.sdf).
5:03:47 AM: The file 'E:\web\gorillabask\htdocs\App_Data\Sites\Default\Orchard.sdf' was skipped because the source file size was invalid. The expected size was '3538944' but the actual size was '0'.
5:03:47 AM: Adding ACL's for path (gorillabasketball.org/App_Data)
5:03:47 AM: Publish completed.
End log file ---------------
BTW, my E drive is a recovery drive; consequently, I'm not sure why it would try to read the Orchard.sdf file from that drive.