Oct 19, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Edited Oct 19, 2014 at 4:22 AM
I'm attempting to create a book style help section within Orchard, e.g.
Help Landing Page
- Help Section 1
- Help Section 1.1
- Help Section 1.1.1
- Help Section 1.1.2
- Help Section 1.2
- Help Section 2
I also need to:
- Auto generate friendly URLs - e.g. /help/help-section-1/help-section-1-1/help-section-1-1-1
- Show a list of direct children on each page
- Show a list of sibling pages on each page
- Provide a navigation menu of first level sections only (e.g. help section 1, help section 2)
- Provide a breadcrumb on all pages below the first level (e.g. help section 1.1 page would should: Help Section 1, and help section 1.1.1 would show: Help Section 1 > Help Section 1.1)
I'm hoping someone who has done this sort of thing can point me in the right direction.
I've been experimenting with:
- taxonomies only
- taxonomies + a custom content type with a taxonomy field
- chapters (couldn't figure out how to use it after installing)
- excessive levels of caffeine
Oct 19, 2014 at 5:23 AM
Maybe try the Lists module - it supports hierarchical contents. You could for example define a HelpSection content type, attach both the ContainerPart and the ContainablePart, and create a new List item that can hold HelpSection content items. This list
would be the root from which you can start adding help sections, and each help section in turn can hold other help sections.
To render this hierarchy on the front end, you would have to override one or more shapes to render the HelpSection content item and its children.