Hide content items from users' view

Topics: Administration
Sep 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2014 at 6:49 PM
I created a new role and left out the permissions to create/edit/delete/publish content of some custom content types I created but the users with that role are still have the permissions to create instances of those content types. For example: I created a content type called contact us for a custom form that I used to create a contact us page. I don't want the user to be able to create instances of that content type and yet the role is activating those permissions even though I didn't check them. Any ideas? Thank you.

Edit: I do want the user to be able to create instances of the page content type though so I can't just turn off all content for the user
Sep 25, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM
I was able to mess with the permissions that were enabled to make it so only the page content type was an option for creation in the admin menu for users with the Author role, but they can still publish items of that content type. Is there a way to allow a role to create but not publish instances of a content item? Thank you.

Edit: I've tried using the contributer role which states it can create content and not publish but users with that role are unable to create content.
Oct 1, 2014 at 4:55 AM
I just tried via tryorchard.net, and I was able to create a new Page item, but not publish it. Note however that the Page option in the New section of the menu does not appear, so you will have to first click on Content to list all the content items, and click the "Create Content" button from there. This is something we might want to improve, so feel free to create a ticket for that.
Marked as answer by emeraldarcher on 10/1/2014 at 9:08 AM