Media Library File list

Topics: General
Sep 19, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Edited Sep 23, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I have been away for a bit but the 1.8 media library does not display file names now - I am storing pdf documents - just shows a thumbnail - is there any way to show a simple file list
thanks in advance. ?. Anyone please. .... Just need filenames
Oct 1, 2014 at 5:43 AM
I think you previously used the Media feature, and are now using the Media Library feature.
You can disable the Media Library feature and work with the Media feature instead, although it has been deprecated.
Maybe it would make for a nice feature request to add a view mode to the Media Library, like we have in Explorer, where we can choose to view the media items as a list of thumbnails, or a list of names.
Oct 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Thanks for your advice. It would be a nice feature as you suggest - to get thumbnails and not the actual file identity seems like we lost basic usability. I will attempt to use the media feature and see what I can do for longer term more general solution
Oct 17, 2014 at 9:01 PM
I'm finding this to be an issue as well. Dealing with PDF's that show a generic thumbnail, You must click each thumbnail one at a time to even determine the file name. It's great for image files but for documents it renders the media library totally useless.
Apr 13 at 8:38 PM

Any update on this. I am using version 1.9. How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance