Permissions

Topics: Administration, Core
Sep 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Edited Sep 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Hi all, I've tried creating a new role and have checked all the boxes for the permissions I want the role to have, but for some reason the role has all permissions enabled and I can't uncheck any of the permissions that I don't want to be enabled for that user role. Any ideas? Am I missing a step?

Edit: I had the Site Owners Permission enabled. Once I removed this permission some of the other permissions could be disabled but I still can't disable permissions related to content items such as pages. I need to make it so the user can't publish their own page but can publish pages for others.
Sep 21, 2014 at 6:03 AM
I think that's not possible out of the box. Orchard uses inheritance in permissions - in that case checking "Publish Pages from others" would apply that this user is also allowed to publish his own pages (common scenario).

The other question is, why would you need these specific settings - seems a little strange to me.
Sep 22, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I'm trying to set up dual control permissions in an attempt to make sure nothing is published without first being reviewed. Even admins should have their content reviewed before it is published. Is this possible?
Sep 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Have you tried workflow, this is usually the tool to use for review before validation
Sep 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2014 at 4:39 PM
@CSADNT Thanks I'll look into using a workflow. Any tips on how to get started?

Edit: I've looked into using a workflow for this but it only works for comments...
Sep 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Try to look on the meetings video, googling on
youtube orchard workflow

May be also on Lombiq's http://orcharddojo.net web site you could find lessons, David Hayden has also blogged something, certainly some others.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Sipke has done a session about Workflows like this one at the latest Orchard conference, it's on Youtube.
Sep 23, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM
do you have a link I can follow?

Edit: Took a little bit but I found it.