Is there form builder module like Gravity form builder

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Sep 3, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Do we have form builder module like gravity form builder.Please let me know Because we just want to implement this kind of module in Orchard
Sep 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM
There is Custom Forms already where you build forms from content types. Sipke is working on a new module, Dynamic Forms, that will offer complete flexibility over building the layout of forms, coming with Orchard 1.9.
Sep 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM
But we can't create many things like dynamic radio buttons,dynamic tabs as we have in gravity form. We just want to implement the module as same as Gravity Form features.
Sep 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM
I don't know Gravity Form but the Dynamic Forms module will offer a lot of features: you can try it out, it's in the latest source. You can also extend it with features that you feel are missing.
Sep 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM
If you are interested in at minute 41 of this meeting a demo is shown of the work in progress done with the dynamic forms module.
Sep 5, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Can we connect to the Web API from the dynamic form which we created from the dynamic module.
Sep 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM
How can we connect to the different database like Azure Storage in Orchard
Sep 8, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Yadagirij wrote:
Can we connect to the Web API from the dynamic form which we created from the dynamic module.
You could do this for example by implementing an event handler for the form submission event, or even implement a custom activity that executes when the form is submitted (this Form submitted event activity is demonstrated in the meeting as mentioned by jersiovic).

With your custom code you can do anything you like with the submitted form values.
Sep 9, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Could you please tell me when can you release the next version(1.9) of the code.
Sep 15, 2014 at 6:26 AM
According to the roadmap, 1.9 is expected to be released in October 2014. You can get an early preview by cloning/downloading the feature/dynamicforms branch.
Oct 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM
can i have the correct date of next release please.
Oct 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I think there is no concrete date of the next release. It's an OpenSource project and nearly all developers work on it in their free time. And as I know Orchard they won't ship an buggy or unfinished version. Stay tuned and maybe watch the weekly meetings - maybe you can hear something about the release there.

If I have to guess, I think 1.9 will be here in end of October (but I haven't insider information or so - only a guess ;) )
Oct 17, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Oct 20, 2014 at 6:14 AM
@Yadagirij if you miss something on what has been developed time to ask for it now here

I'm a bit curious of dynamic tabs feature you mentioned, is it in the new module?