Orchard Coverflow 1.7.1 and Orchard 1.8.1

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Aug 31, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Please excuse any ignorant questions here I'm just starting with Orchard and C# in general.

I have installed Orchard 1.8.1 on my server and have downloaded the module Orchard Coverflow as it provides exactly the look I need for my site. The module initially failed to load with a 'missing reference' error that (once I tracked it down) was due to a) a missing planettelex.dll in the dependencies directory and b) the PanelTelex.Coverflow module having a reference to Orchard.Media rather than Orchard.MediaLibrary. I believe this was one of the changes with 1.7?

I altered the reference and the module now loads without visible errors. I cannot see the elements that the documentation says should be present (Content Part/Admin UI page). I'm missing something but in my ignorance I do not know what.

The project has not been updated in some time (Thu Sep 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM ) so I was wondering if anyone else has managed to get either this module working or knows of another coverflow type module available.

I have seen the Featured Slider article by Steve Taylor and although I could use that it is not exactly what i'm looking for (an iTunes type coverflow).

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?
Sep 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Have you attemted to contact with author? Maybe he has worked on migrating it to MediaLibrary but he doesn't update the package in the gallery.
Jan 13, 2015 at 5:09 PM
We're very happy that our Coverflow module is what you need. We are working on upgrading it to 1.8.1 and will update the marketplace shortly.