People interested in creating a community ECommerce module

Topics: Announcements, Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Aug 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Edited Aug 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I'm searching for an e-Commerce module, and I did'nt found one that meets my needs.

Nwazet.Commerce is the most Advanced one, but it does not fit my needs :
  • I need to define VAT at product level (or choose it from a list)
  • display VAT included price (should be customizable)
  • manual payment methods (bank check / transfer)
  • Shipping and billing independent from payment method
  • Not requiring SSL connection if not needed (manual payment methods, external payment service)
I also checked DarkSky.Commerce which is very interesting, but its not complete and quite outdated.

So, I wanted to know if there were people interested in working on a new Ecommerce module, in a community way...

You can reply to this post if you are interested, but also if you think it's a bad idea or that i missed something.
Aug 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Edited Aug 13, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Are you a developer? Your needed adjustments don't seem to have a great programming impact. I'm not familiar with the Nwazet.Commerce's code, but I think the adjustments are very few.
Aug 13, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Nawzet is the most finalized I know.
My own module is working, based on Nwazet, more finalized on some points ( payment by invoice, real decimal values, tec.), but less on the shipping and payment methods (only paypal).
But I have no time to extend, only doing maintenance updates to keep my sites running.
Some of the followers of these project have forks.
Aug 13, 2014 at 4:09 PM
@Sanderg : Thank you for your interest. Yes, I'm a developer, it's my job. But I think Nwazet Commerce needs more than just adjustments to meet my needs. I could fork it and make my changes, but I ask myself if it was not better to start from scratch. (what does not prevent stealing some code and good ideas)

@Christian : Thank you too. I will take a look at your module.
May 19, 2015 at 4:37 AM
We are in process of developing B2B platform using Orchard CMS. Somebody who has already integrated E-commerce with Orchard please answer following questions:-
1.I have searched Orchard modules, I am not able to get a good e-commerce module
2.Can we easily integrated E-commerce module with Orchard CMS?
3.How do we get the source code? do you have any documentation related to this topic?
4.Do we get any training on Skype or a video demonstration related to e-commerce integration?
5.As discussed can we still integrate nopCommerce with Orchard?

Your input is greatly appreciated!!

Prasanna V.
May 19, 2015 at 8:18 AM
Hi Prasanna,

I created a new e-commerce module few weeks ago, but it's still under development, you can find the project here. For the moment there is no package and no documentation, but it should be quite easy to integrate.

Here are other modules i found :
Jul 31, 2015 at 8:36 PM

we just published a new ecommerce module:

It is completely open source and is available on github as well: