SSL Module not working? ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Topics: General
Aug 3, 2014 at 1:48 AM
I installed the SSL module on my orchard site and selected "Force SSL on all pages". For the secure host name and insecure host name I entered the same value (eg "") as I don't intend to have a subdomain for a secure version of my site - basically I want to always force SSL. However I am getting this error code. And now I cannot access my site regardless of the url I put in. Any ideas?
The webpage at has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Learn more about this problem.
Aug 3, 2014 at 12:18 PM
It depends your orchard version but SSL is now in core (since 1.7 I think) , you should not have to install the module but just to enable the feature.
Aug 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Ah..thanks. I see now. I am running 1.8. If I enable SSL feature, then go to SSL settings and enter my secure and insecure hostname as the same, and do NOT check either of the SSL options ("Force SSL on all pages" and "Enable SSL on specific pages") then it seems to redirect to https for all the admin pages, including logon and change password. And this is exactly what I needed!

By the way, to fix my error I had to restore to an earlier version of the site.