Making a login page

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
Aug 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to do this for most of the day, but got a bit stuck...

I want my home page to super simple, with (ideally) brief instructions and then a Sign In section. Once signed in, people can then go to my main pages/site.

I have created a home page, and placed a link to 'sign in', the link redirects to /Users/Account/Logon, with a redirect link to take people to the 'proper' home page once they've signed in.

But.

The site title hyperlink always go back to the page defined as my home page, rather than my 'secondary' home page.

And the Sign Out link in the footer has to go but I can't see where that is in the Dashboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rob
Developer
Aug 2, 2014 at 11:46 PM
If you're using TheThemeMachine theme, then you can change the URL of the site title by changing the Branding.cshtml file (in the Views folder).
But instead of changing ThethemeMachine files, it is recommended that you create your own theme first (optionally deriving it from TheThemeMAchine using the BasedOn setting in your Theme.txt file). When basing your theme on another theme, you can pick and choose which views to override.

To change/remove the Sign Out link, you will have to override the User.cshtml view. To do this, simply copy it from Orchard.Core/Shapes/Views to your own theme's Views folder and make the desired changes.
Aug 4, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Thank you, I will give this a try.