I'm looking at rolling out Orchard for a site I have but have the following feature requirements and/or questions (ideally without much configuration):
*Ability to add, edit and delete files, or archive them (automatically) so they can no longer be added to content items
- The ability to publish a singular piece of content out to many sites at the same time?
- Ability to schedule content to be published over various time zones?
- The ability to have a content area/component appearing on site for all bar 3 hours during the day each
- To get a report on the content detailing when it was published and when it is due for expiry
- Notification of content - whether it be workflow notifications to review content to notifications about content expiry
- Ability to clone pages
- Does this have admin override in the workflow tool?
- A process already mapped about moving content through the life cycle so once it is moved from live to deactivated it can then go to recycle bin and then permanently deleted
- Custom presentation for different devices?
- Workflow - ability for someone to re-assign their approval in case they are on holiday
- Ability to personalise the presentation given traffic source and other data we have on the user?
- Ability to create and publish content in different languages without having to create multiple pages
- To support development, testing, staging and production environments
- Can create https:// pages
- To be able to be granular in the permissions for CRUD tasks ont he site
Sorry for the length but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Jul 31, 2014 at 11:58 PM
You can do all this. but there will be a lot of configuration and development required.
I recommend trying it out by installing it and see what you get out of the box.