Feature Verification

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Jul 31, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I'm looking at rolling out Orchard for a site I have but have the following feature requirements and/or questions (ideally without much configuration):

*Ability to add, edit and delete files, or archive them (automatically) so they can no longer be added to content items
  • The ability to publish a singular piece of content out to many sites at the same time?
  • Ability to schedule content to be published over various time zones?
  • The ability to have a content area/component appearing on site for all bar 3 hours during the day each
  • To get a report on the content detailing when it was published and when it is due for expiry
  • Notification of content - whether it be workflow notifications to review content to notifications about content expiry
  • Ability to clone pages
  • Does this have admin override in the workflow tool?
  • A process already mapped about moving content through the life cycle so once it is moved from live to deactivated it can then go to recycle bin and then permanently deleted
  • Custom presentation for different devices?
  • Workflow - ability for someone to re-assign their approval in case they are on holiday
  • Ability to personalise the presentation given traffic source and other data we have on the user?
  • Ability to create and publish content in different languages without having to create multiple pages
  • To support development, testing, staging and production environments
  • Can create https:// pages
  • To be able to be granular in the permissions for CRUD tasks ont he site
Sorry for the length but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Jul 31, 2014 at 11:58 PM
You can do all this. but there will be a lot of configuration and development required.
I recommend trying it out by installing it and see what you get out of the box.