Orchard and Oracle

Topics: General
Jul 21, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Hi,

Iam working on orchard CMS from few months, In my current project i have a requirement that, We have an Java web application which uses Oracle Databases for its transaction. My Client needs this JAVA application to be rewritten into Dot net since it was an CMS application we suggested the client to go for OrchardCMS. And right now client wants the Oracle databases must be reused in Orchard. For this I had gone through many links and i got that Orchard 1.7.2 is the stable version which uses Oracle Database, Please confirm this is right. And also i didn't found any reviews to this version of Orchard. And also there are few patches found for orchard 1.8 to use oracle database. I have a question that : -
  1. Is it possible to use SQL and Oracle databases in Orchard ?
    because, we will use SQL DB for saving and retrieving the data related to Orchard CMS and to work on client Databases we will use Oracle.
    If Yes, May i know what are the consequences we may face to use Orchard and Oracle.
    Please let me know the pros and cons in this and please suggest us.
    2.To use the oracle dB in orchard please let us know the steps what we need to follow.
    3.Please tell us which is the stable version of Orchard which supports oracle.
    4.Which will be the best Is to use both Oracle and Sql DBs ? Or Only the Orchard Oracle.
Please Reply to my queries, so that I can go ahead for a decision.

Thanks in Advance,
Sunil M.R.
Developer
Jul 21, 2014 at 9:04 PM