Admin Driver Shape Override

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Jul 16, 2014 at 2:34 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2014 at 2:40 AM
We are running 1.8 and have a very data heavy site. I am using the editor driver for the front end as well as admin experience to edit that data. It's basically an custom implementation of the forms module.

The problem is that the front end utilizes angular and bootstrap so we have some custom views in our front end theme. The problem is that when I view the editor form on the admin area I am seeing the same front end form and it looks bad since its wasn't designed to fit into the admin theme.

I would like the admin area to use the module/TheAdminTheme shape views and the front end to use the active front end theme. I have found if I place the view shape files in the TheAdminTheme it pulls them, but I would hate to have to keep up with 2 copies of the same files.

Is there a way to override the ViewEngineProvider or an alternate I can use to make this happen?

Thanks

Matt
Jul 16, 2014 at 9:09 AM
And what about making a dedicated controller for front end editing ?
Jul 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM
CSADNT wrote:
And what about making a dedicated controller for front end editing ?
I'm assuming you mean an MVC Controller and not an angular controller.

I do have a front end controller, but that returns a ShapeResult and not a traditional viewModel so that I can use the content type to control what the user gets to edit rather than separate mvc logic to handle that.