1.8.1 Performance

Topics: General
Jul 7, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Holy crap! What did you do in 1.8.1? My sites on Azure are BLINDINGLY fast now. I mean they were pretty quick before I upgraded, but now I barely take my finger off the mouse click and the page is already loaded.

Bravo gentlemen...bravo!

Oh ya...and it fixed the issue I was having on Azure where the Blog pages would just go blank every hour or so until I restarted the website.

Impressed!
Developer
Jul 7, 2014 at 6:31 PM
I awaited a complain about performance, but this is slightly better :-).
Jul 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Hi, I still have the "blank page" problem with 1.8.1. Details here: https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/551871
Jul 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Piedone wrote:
I awaited a complain about performance, but this is slightly better :-).
What changed in 1.8.1? I mean, is it 'just' the output cache improvements that is improving performance? Or are there other changes in 1.8.1 that can have a large (possitve) impact on performance? If so, what ones?
Developer
Jul 18, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Infoset storage and thus drastic reduction in DB queries.
Jul 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Piedone wrote:
Not so obvious for me
Jul 18, 2014 at 12:13 PM
CSADNT wrote:
Piedone wrote:
Not so obvious for me
Obvious to me, but I'm talking about the 1.8.1 upgrade.

Ofc if psenechal upgraded directly to 1.8.1 (as in, he didn't have 1.8 before) then you may ignore my question ;)

Reason I ask is that I wonder if we should push upgrading 'our' core to 1.8.1 or not. If it is just the 'output caching' improvements, then there is no need: we use a custom solution for that.
Jul 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM
The one I REALLY noticed the difference on was setup as a new site and then all the content moved over from a 1.8 site. I haven't done an upgrade from 1.8 to 1.8.1 yet to compare the performance difference.