Site runs fine locally but not on shared hosting provider

Topics: General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Jun 26, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Hi there,

I just upgraded an old v1.2 site to 1.8.
It is running fine locally.

I ran 'build Precompiled' from the VS 2013 command prompt as described here:

I then FTP'd (using binary mode) the contents of <build>/precompiled to my shared hosting. I did include my App_Data and Media folders.

However when I visit my site I just get a blank screen.

Looking at the error logs I see the following error.

I am using a custom theme which is based off PJS.Bootstrap.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

EDIT

I did the following which I was sure would solve it, but the result is still the same.
I created a Project for my theme and added it to the solution I also added the PJS.Bootstrap theme to the solution.
Added a reference to PJS.Bootstrap in my theme. Upgraded PJS.Bootstrap to target .net v 4.5.
It all compiles fine. I then reran 'build precompiled'. I see that several new dll's have been created.
So I was sure this would tackle the problem.
But I still get the same blank screen and the same error message in the logs.

Thanks!!

_2014-06-26 15:19:54,192 [35] Orchard.Exceptions.DefaultExceptionPolicy - Default - An unexpected exception was caught
http://adrianacobo.net/
System.Web.HttpCompileException (0x80004005): e:\web\adrianacobo\htdocs\Themes\AdrianaCoboBS3Theme\Views\Layout.cshtml(1): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Services' does not exist in the namespace 'PJS.Bootstrap' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType(String virtualPath)
at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerWrapper.System.Web.Mvc.IBuildManager.GetCompiledType(String virtualPath)
_
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:49 AM
SOLVED.

What I described above in the edit did indeed solve my problem. At least the site shows up now. I deleted the modules and themes folders and redeployed using FTP and it worked. No idea why it did not work the first time I tried.

"
I created a Project for my theme and added it to the solution I also added the PJS.Bootstrap theme to the solution.
Added a reference to PJS.Bootstrap in my theme. Upgraded PJS.Bootstrap to target .net v 4.5.
"

I now have to chase some other errors, but at least it is now showing up!