Issue on migraton 1.7.3 --> 1.8.1

Topics: Administration, General
Jun 20, 2014 at 6:49 AM
when installing Orchard 1.8.1 (web) I'm able to sign-in as 'admin' ; all looks fine!

Attention: I re-checked that BOTH 1.7.3 AND 1.8.1 have in settings 'admin' as the super user!

Now I want to migrate my 1.7.3 site:
•I copy the complete 'App_data' folder (including of course the 'Orchard.sdf' DB)
( I certainly copy also Media, MyModules, my necessary alternate shapes etc)

When now running the 1.8.1 site I would expect to be able to access (or be directly in) the 'Dashboard' in order to do the necessary migrations! But I do NOT even see the 'Sign-in' field.

What do I possibly do wrong in above procedure? any help is appreciated
ed
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Do you have the administrator role on Admin ?
Jun 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM
thanks for your time and support!
No, on my TestSites (181 and 173) the 'admin' did NOT have the adminRole assigned!
However I was able (without the 'adminRole assigned) to get to the 'Dashboard' (on both sites) via the 'admin' ID!?

__Of course I then applied the adminRole to both AND the super user in the 'settings' is set as well as 'admin'.
__
Then I was one (1) time able to convert the Test site (i.e. I got automatically an 'Edit' field which led me to the Dashboard.)
I then succeeded to do the 1.8.1 Upgrade - all works ok on this site now!

Now I wanted to convert another site BUT I'm again NOT succeeding i.e. cannot access the dashboard!?
I'm thinking I'm doing exactly the same thing as before! What the h... I'm doing wrong?

Therefore the questions:
  • What are the essential criteria for a migration 173 to 181. I think I've read all the relevant migration articles.
  • Are there any prereqs on Modules (enabling) etc.
    ed
Jun 22, 2014 at 7:28 AM
in the meantime I went through some additional migration procedures and found the following works for me:
  • unzip codeplex web/source
  • run it and fill the 'get started screen'
  • close webmatrix/VS
  • update app_date, media etc
  • run site
  • apply admin Role to the 'admin' account (why isn't this set in the first place?)
  • check/set in 'settings' the super user (this field is blank after this procedure ?)
  • do the 1.8 migration
what did I probably do wrong: it seems as soon as I sign out once and then do the updates, at the next start, I'm NOT able to access the Dashboard anymore!
well, thanks for all taking their time to read / help
ed