Unable to enable spam for comments

Topics: Administration, Troubleshooting
Jun 10, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I'm running v1.7 and having trouble enabling spam protection for comments.

I've been following the instructions here: http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Moderating-comments

When I go to the comments section in the dashboard, I only see Approve, Unapprove, Delete in the actions options (i.e. no Mark as spam).

Also, when I go to settings\comments I only see "comments must be approved before they appear", and none of the spam settings.

Checking under modules, I have the Anti-spam and Akismet Anti-spam Filter modules installed.

Any ideas? I've got a site that is getting a lot of spam comments and really need to stem the tide quickly!

Thanks
Stuart
Jun 11, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I forgot to add that I've reinstalled the akismet module, but that didn't make any difference :-(
Jun 11, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Have you set keys @ Settings/Spam?
Jun 11, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Thanks urbanit. Unfortunately there is no Spam section under Settings. (I see Gallery, Comments, Email,... but not Spam)
Jun 11, 2014 at 4:37 PM
If Anti-spam module is enabled, then you should have Span menu item and Settingns->Spam Menu item. If not, it is weird.
Jun 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM
The module is showing as enabled and I reinstalled it to be sure, but no Spam menu or Settings\Spam menu. Guess we're into weird territory - any suggestions?
Jun 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Hi, Any update on this?

I am on Orchard v.1.7.0.0, and have a similar issue.
But in my case I can see Spam option under my Settings and I have entered my Akismet key there.

But in the Comments option of Settings I don't see "Enable Spam Protection" check box. Any clues?

Thanks
Jun 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I ended up creating a clean 1.8 install and migrating the data and theme over. Far from ideal, but it got me past the issue.
Oct 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM
I'm having the exact same issue as SaqibVaid. I'm on Orchard v 1.7, and I have a spam option under the Settings, along with my Akismet key entered in.

But, there is no "Enable Spam Protection" checkbox. And marking comments as spam in the comments section is not an option for some reason.

Upgrading my site to Orchard 1.8 would take more time and effort than I can afford right now. Any ideas would be appreciated.