Static file in template not served

Topics: General
Jun 10, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I'm trying to serve my website in IIS. One of my stylesheets in the template is not being served (white page 401 unauthorized response). Both the folder as the file have all authorizations set for Network Service (which is the user the AppPool runs under) and my web.config is present in the 'Styles' folder.

/themes/theme/styles/default.css is being served normally
/themes/theme/styles/custom.css is not being served

If I use IIS express all files are being served.

I must be overlooking something here but it's driving me crazy! How the..?
Jun 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Normally, if they are in same directory, they should be served. If your custom.css file is in an nesteddirectory, you should update your web.config inside styles so as to allow iis to read inside directories and not only static files.
Jun 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM
The funny thing is that they are side-by-side in the same directory....
Jun 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Just to make sure: is served but the not. Right? If this is the case, make a copy of default.css and try again?
Jun 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Didn't figure out to try that... I checked security of both files and they seem the same. Only difference between two environments is that one is Win 7 + IIS 7 and other one is Win 8.1 + IIS 8. The thing is that the .css file in question is being generated off a SCSS editor which runs in Visual studio. So I can copy the file but then it would just get recreated.